It is important to improve the understanding and knowledge about the Māori Health Workforce. This in turn will assist with:
- promoting entry to the workforce
- developing and advancing the workforce
- developing career pathways
- promoting innovation, and aligning health education and training with Māori, health and social needs
- implementing agenda conducive to attaining Māori aspirations and health goals
- improving equitable deployment of Māori health and social service workforces across New Zealand.
Download Profiling the Māori Health Workforce 2017