Hoe Rua work-based placement is a partnership between an Addiction service provider (host), Te Rau Matatini and an individual (placement) on work-based placement. The placement allows one to experience ‘work’ and an opportunity to gain and apply new knowledge, and skills within a workplace setting.
The aim of the Hoe Rua work-based placement programme is to grow the number of people working in addiction treatment organisations by providing an opportunity to gain on the job real skills. The programme offers new placements or a fixed term internship up to twelve months of work-based placement with an approved host organisation.
- Organisations (Hosts)
- Must be an organisation currently working within the addiction treatment sector.
- Must be able to provide a safe and supportive work environment for the persons placement.
- Must complete and online application to apply to be a Host with the required documentation. For current hosts, a letter to confirm an Expression of Interest, outlining the programme impact within your organisation and any opportunities provided to your 2017 placement (ie: training, employment offer at the end of the placement), and the the latest Annual report will be necessary.
- Individuals (Placement)
- New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident.
- Candidates seeking work based placement experience or a fixed term placement, training and employment within the addiction treatment and mental health sector.
- Work-based placement positions will be dependent on the availability within an approved Host organisation.
The value of the award is subject to placement hours, professional development/training costs in 2019 as negotiated by Te Rau Matatini and successful 2019 Host organisations. This will need to include a detailed Placement and training budget detailing the need for value.
Individual applications will be available until all placement positions are allocated.
For information please contact our Te Rau Matatini Scholarships Team on 0800 MATATINI (0800 628 284) or e-mail us.