The Henry Rongomau Bennett Foundation Scholarships are a tribute to the life and work of Dr Henry Rongomau Bennett as the first Māori Psychiatrist in Aotearoa. The purpose of the scholarship is to develop and build the Māori workforce, with a focus on leadership, competence in Te Ao Māori and excellence in health. Māori interested in undergraduate or postgraduate study in health are encouraged to apply.
The purpose of the scholarship is to build the Māori health workforce, to develop, enhance competence in Te Āo Māori, Māori leadership and excellence in health.
Candidates MUST be:
- Of Māori decent.
- A New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident.
- Studying in New Zealand at a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Be interested in a career in health, a current leader in the health sector or potential leader aspiring to work in health.
The scholarship will provide funding towards:
- The completion of undergraduate studies that lead to a qualification to work in health, the mental health and addiction treatment sector or;
- The completion of postgraduate studies for Māori working in (or plan to work in) leadership roles in health, the mental health and addiction treatment sector
- Complete an online application
- Attach all required documentation to your online application
- Submit online application before the closing date.
Please note: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application timeframes 9th Jan - 9th Feb 2018
For further information please contact our Te Rau Matatini Scholarships Team on 0800 MATATINI (0800 628 284) or e-mail us.
Other Scholarships of interest 2018: