For the past two years, Te Rau Matatini have been listening to health workforces and gathering their thoughts, ideas, dreams and aspirations. As a result, the Te Rau Matatini Workforce Outcome Framework was created. It highlights domains and identifies a range of success indicators to meet six desired outcomes which were identified as vital by the sector:
- Strong Māori workforce across all levels of health, disability and social service sectors.
- A youthful Māori workforce.
- Strong Kaupapa Māori & Māori centred options and services.
- All workforces address & provide solutions to address Māori inequalities.
- Improved systems, resources and approaches.
- Increased Māori autonomy & control.